Thursday, November 4, 2010

Something New

_______________

Where can you run to escape from yourself?

Where you gonna go? Where you gonna go?
Salvation is here.

-Jon Foreman


This is where I stood
This time
Last year.

This is where the rain
Fell.
Where the vultures
Gathered death
Like food.

Where Darkness gripped
My hand
Like a fond lover,

Only to whore itself
Out to a hopeless
Humanity.

I was not fooled.
Only lost.
Only wandering.
Only on a vacation

From Joy.
From Purpose.
From Life.

Would these three
Ever find me?
I could not tell.

But today,
As I look back
Over the glaring precipice

Us four dance
On the grave of whores,
Those who promised
life
But only delivered
Disease.

Only longing.

I dare you
To
Move,

Sang the Light.

I dare you to
Become
Who
You
Are.


--100710--

No comments: