Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To Marry a Whore

___________________

- for Hosea

I.

Return to me.

You who wears darkness
Like a wedding gown,

Who calls dust and
Ashes sweet friends.

Exchange your wasteland
For Eden,

Your thirst for Plenty,
Your wars for Peace.

Dance like David
as the tent of

YHWH returned
From the enemies of God

With rolling heads
To pave the weary way.

The nations did not know.
They did not turn.

It is not so
With you.

II.

You have been
Bought with the spoils

Of the universe, with
The wine of heaven.

I sold myself
On our wedding day.

Sold my anger,
My fairness, my wrath.

What do you hold
In your hands

That I did not
Give you?

Even your very name
Is borrowed.

Not even life
Can you claim.

III.

You were led
Into darkness

To see Light.
This is why you are here.

Do not trade a complex
Question

For a simple answer.
Neither stop the asking.

Only remember:
life is a

Rolling shadow
With fire behind

And an ecstacy
Unnamed

Ahead.


--Fall 2009--

No comments: