Friday, January 1, 2010

While Others Lie Waiting

_________________________


"It's been a long December

and there's reason to believe

maybe this year will be

better than the last."


- Adam Duritz



Darkest new morning

of premature dawn

welcomes the desert

in its arms

while others lie

waiting for the light

of the sun


I've been here before

Had regrets before

Have looked back as

my shame turned

this flesh to stone


This night I

am picking up the pieces

as I circle toward

the morning,

as I slay the past

the rastaman told me

not to forget


I have a foot

in both worlds,

wearing two faces

on the same head:

to fight

and

to forget


I steal away

the plunder

before the first

head rolls


This is my hope

my song

The life given me

by

Father



--010110--


No comments: